Why it’s better to start practicing poker online?
First and foremost you can play more than 1 table at a time and thus many more hands per hour, than in a live game. When you play live you are lucky if you are seeing 30 hands per hour, online you get at least 60 hands per hour per every table you play on.
So you can get that valuable experience much faster. Even 50 times faster, if you’re playing 25 tables at once, but obviously it’s not something I recommend for begginners. Also when you play online poker, you can use tracking software to help you make better calls.
As soon as you learn the fundamentals from this course, you should start applying them and as you practice, you’ll get experience, and the more experience you get, the better your game will be. Playing the fundamentals will allow you to beat any recreational player, but in order to beat regular players, you will need more of a solid game, which you will develop with experience.
Get “cheap” practice
So don’t wait until you’re finished with the course, but as soon you are through a couple of the lessons, go ahead, take advantage of your knowledge and start playing immediately.
Do keep in mind to start with the lowest stakes available, and do not try playing any higher until you’ve played at least a thousand hands and made profit. Move up the stakes slowly. Always keep in mind bankroll managment principles.
Here are some of my favourite online poker rooms, which I recommend. With them you can start your poker training in just a few clicks! I’ll try to list what’s special about each. I hope you have fun playing!
PokerStars – use code psp22426
- it’s the biggest poker room in the world at the moment
- all new players can get $30 FREE when depositing using code “THIRTY”
- you get a first deposit bonus of 100% up to $600 released in chunks: for every 200 VPP you get $10 released. What’s great about this bonus is that you don’t have to deposit all $600 at once, you can use 3 deposits in 60 days to get the full bonus and then you’ve got 4 months to clear it!
- PokerStars offers a very wide range of games and stakes, everyone will find something for themselves in that room
- PS also offers satellites to all the biggest tournament series in the world
888 Poker – use code 1320830
- small stakes are full of fish and there’s plenty of action as it’s the 2nd room the with biggest traffic at the moment
- all new players get $88 FREE
- you get a bonus of 100% up to $400 released in chunks: for every 100 status points you get $10 released
- amazing welcome package for new players, including 7 x$500 freerolls and much more
- monthly promotions rewarding players for their activities
- easy to use and navigate “beginner’s” lobby
- satellites to live events including Aussie Millions, WSOP poker, RPT, Irish Open and many more local events
3rdbiggest poker room at the moment
- lots of cool events with huge prize guarantees like MILLIONS and POWERFEST
- you get $30 in SPINS tickets when you deposit $20
- open for US Players!!!
- $2500 first deposit bonus, but only 60 days to clear it
- bonus is released in stages of $5 each every time you earn 1,500 Comp points
- decent Poker Room, the first deposit bonus is really the best thing about it