How to Check-Raise for Value and as a Bluff
Congratulations! You have just finished the 12th lesson.
Now lets recap:
- Check-Raise is a important tool that you need to have in your arsenal
- you can either check raise for value or as a bluff
- check-raising for value allows you build a big pot faster
- bluff check-raising allows you to pick up pots with air
- you’ve learned that you shouldn’t check-raise too often
- and that most of your check raises should be for value
- your bluff check-raises should be mostly semi-bluffs
- using this play will make you more unpredictable
- it will protect your checking range
- and your opponents will bluff you less often
Play at least 500 hands of real money cash games at full ring tables of the lowest possible stakes($0.01/$0.02) and continue on playing the base hands. Utilise your newly acquired tool which is a check-raise and start off with only check-raising for value.
Experiment with trying to find best spots for semi bluffs check-raises and get comfortable doing that. Flush draws and open-ended straigth draws are a good start.